Saturday, March 6, 2010

Shopping.

So I had been debating whether to blog about my today or not, but I guess my desires to write caved in. I just love to write. And I love to think. And blogging is a good combination of both.

Today, I woke up at 7:50am. Which is early for me on a Saturday! If I dont have to be anywhere, I usually sleep in until 12. But I was late! I was supposed to be at Caytie's house at 8am. But, of course, I was late. Once I arrived, I had a wonderful time. I seriously love that lady. We can talk about anything and everything for hours on end without a break. There's just so much to talk about! I love it. Her mom even set up a tea party kind of setting for us. It was too cute. I love that family!

After that, I rushed to work. But I wasn't late! I am always worried that I'll be late.. but I dont think I have ever been late before. Which is good! Anyways, it was really busy. But it's a good thing. I'm not complaining. I am definitely blessed to have a job in the first place. My coworkers are too funny. They are a blast to work with.

I ended up staying 25 minutes over time because of a surprise rush. Positive thinking: more money for me. ;)

I went home right after that. I took the long way home: pulled down my hair and drove past the beach. It was so beautiful outside! The water was absolutely gorgeous. I only wished I could have stayed and played in the sand and water. It made me excited for summer and all of its long days in the sun.

My mommy took me shopping after I came home! It was kind of crazy because I only had 10 minutes of downtime, but I cant complain. We had a successful shopping trip! I even saw my good friend, Sharmaine, there. Haha, I didn't get to talk to her, however, because I was confused as to whether it was her or not. Good stuff.

The best part of my day, however, was just talking to my mom. I have to admit, I had been scared of my mom before. I felt like I had to be someone in front of her, like I couldn't be a teenager, but someone older and more mature. Dont ask me why, because I truly dont know. But regardless, I just let loose and was myself today. And my mom and I really connected. I noticed how similar we are. The big one for me was that we both like to go against the crowd. And not in like a "i'm going to dye my hair purple and wear garbage bags as a dress" kind of thing! But more in little ways.

And I got to share a lot about myself and my thoughts and my life. It's not that I dont share things with my mom, but not like I did today. It was deeper and more personal. It were things that only two of my friends know about. It were things that I dont like to share. But the best part was that it was so easy to talk about it with my mom. It didn't feel awkward or pressured.. it just came out because I was comfortable with her.

Anyways. I got to bond with my mommy and it was soo good. I missed talking to her. In a big family and a crazy busy life, I dont get to talk to her much anymore. I love her! She is definitely a huggeee blessing in my life. I'm proud that I am like her. It makes me hope that I'll be like her when I am older.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Laura, your blogs are really helping me get in touch with my inner teen-age girl! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Any time Phil! I'm glad I can help you get in touch with your inner teen-age girl. It's quite an adventure!

    ReplyDelete