Monday, March 1, 2010

Respect.

They say you learn something new every day.

Well then today I learned more than just something. Dont be intimidated by a specific person. I think I struggle with this a lot more than I realize. Which is weird if you think about it. haha. Anyways. I care too much about what others think about me. I am constantly comparing myself to others. But this isn't to say that it is all bad. It helps me improve myself, too. But I need to keep it regulated.

If I really respect someone, I dont want them to know what I'm thinking.. in case they dont agree with me. Ever been there? Dont tell me I'm alone! I know I'm not.

It's something that I need to surrender daily. If I feel some way about something, it's okay if someone that I respect disagrees with me. None of us are perfect! Not me. Not that person. Which is a good thing. It creates good conversation.

I just gotta constantly be reminded of who I am in God's eyes. He cares about my thoughts. What an absolutely amazing thing to say. Every day, I have to remind myself of who I am in God. That's where I find my identity, not others.

I am his daughter. It never ceases to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment